Hey bros! For those who do not know me, my name is Linh Le. I am a Junior studying Business Administration with a concentration in Finance and a minor in Entrepreneurial Leadership. I am also the Events Committee Chair!! :) Over quarantine, I have found my love for cooking and LOVE trying out new Tik Tok recipes! My go-to pasta is Gigi Hadid’s vodka sauce pasta because I always have the ingredients in my fridge! I have cooked this many times for my friends & family and it has become a fan fav. This is how you make it:
Ingredients for 3 servings:
Half a box/bag of any pasta shape
1⁄4 red or white onion
4 tablespoons tomato paste
1 shot of vodka (optional)
1⁄3 cup of heavy cream (I always use half & half and it works!)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Red pepper flakes
Parmesan or mozzarella cheese
Mushroom or protein like chicken, optional *I eyeball all measurements, so these are rough estimates!
1. Boil water and cook your pasta according to the box instructions. Heavily salt your pasta water and when it is ready to drain, save about 1⁄2 cup of pasta water.
2. Using a big pan, turn on your stove to medium heat. When it is hot, add your olive oil. Add your chopped onion and eyeball your salt, pepper, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, and italian seasoning. Stir for 1 minute.
3. Next, add your tomato paste and mix. Let this cook for about 2 minutes.
4. Add one shot of vodka and cook for another 2 minutes so the alcohol is cooked out.
5. This is the time to add your mushrooms or cooked protein like chicken if you’d like. I make it with or without, depending on what I have in the fridge. Either still tastes great!
6. Then add heavy cream or half & half and mix everything very well together.
7. After everything is one cohesive color, add your drained pasta and the 1⁄2 cup of pasta water.
8. Lastly, plate your pasta and top with any cheese of your choice.
This recipe is literally so easy and SO tasty. I highly recommend everyone try out this recipe sometime and if you do, send a picture to the AKPsi social page.
Best, Linh :)